**This app is compatible with IPv4 internet connection only. IPv6 is currently not supported.**
It's a wild world out there. Ever wonder where is this ip from? Want to know the status of an IP address? Let IP info Detective investigate it for you. Private I report will give you detailed information regarding the IP address in question. Read the report and decide for yourself. Useful if you need to know an IP address status.
The app uses publicly available IP blacklists to aggregate the data and present it in an easy readable form to inform the user if an IP address is listed on those lists. There are many use case scenario if an IP is found as listed. For example: your router, after reset, received a new dynamic allocated 'dirty IP' and you don't want to surf the web with it or you find that your IP is mistakenly listed on one of those blacklist and this will allow you to contact the creator of the list to request removal or you are a system admin with hundreds of computers in the network and by scanning your network range you discover that one or more computers IP addresses are blacklisted, a close investigation of those machines would be a good idea. And so on...
Information sources: I-Blocklist, Project Honey Pot, Spamhaus and others.
- Investigate an entire range or network for suspected IP(s);
- Whois search( trial)
- Host name and IP address lookup ;
(lookup may vary based on your ISP's DNS);
- Traceroute, Ping and Visual Traceroute( IP or hostname);
- IP geo location;
- QR scanner option on Menu->Lookup dialog so you can easily send data(URL, host name or IP) to IP info Detective from your PC( as for a QR code generator, for Windows or Linux, worth to try 'Zint Barcode Generator').
Please use QR Code(ISO 18004) format to transfer data;
- voice dictation: fill IP field using android speech recognition feature;
- Instant check your remote or local IP address just by clicking on them( from Google Play suggestion - Thank you!).
Why this app needs those permissions?
- modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
- test access to protected storage
android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - Allows the API to cache map tile data in the device's external storage area.
This permission is required by Google Maps Android API v2.
For more details: https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/android/start?hl=fr#specify_permissions
- full network access
- view network connections
android.permission.INTERNET - Used by the API to download map tiles from Google Maps servers.
android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - Allows the API to check the connection status in order to determine whether data can be downloaded.
Those two permissions are required by Google Maps Android API v2 and IP info Detective itself.
- read Google service configuration
com.google.android.providers.gsf.permission.READ_GSERVICES - Allow the application to access Google web-based services.
Be vigilant and stay safe!