You have changed the tags of song, but see no changes in music player. Two songs with same album name creates different albums. Tags of song is inconsistent with music player tag editor.
That is because some tag editor only edits ID3 tags. TagMusic directly makes changes to Android MediaStore as well as ID3 tags. MediaStore is a database where android stores meta data of media files.
Benefits of tagging MediaStore are:
• No need to reboot the phone to update tags.
• No need for scanning media.
• Songs with same artist will be merged automatically.
• Updates tags almost instantaneously.
• Edit song title, artist, album, year, track, genre, composer and disc number of songs.
• Edit album, album artist, genre and year of albums.
• Update cover art of albums.
• Update cover art of songs.
• Remove album art from songs.
• Remove album art from albums
• Download album art from online services
• 11+ themes
• Song list view - Mini and Detail.
• Lyrics editor
• Fix tags: Extract ID3 tag of songs and update on Android Mediastore.
• Remove tag
• Folder support
• Rename files in folders from tags
• Remove album art
And many more...
• Batch tag songs
• Batch rename files
• Batch fix tags
The app requires the following permissions:
READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: This permission is required for getting the list of songs from the external card.
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: This permission is required for editing tags of songs in external card.
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: This permission is required for checking the state of network connection. This is used for prompting the users to connect to internet if they are not connected.