The onX Backcountry App is your ultimate guide to the outdoors. Whether your adventures find you planning and navigating hiking and backpacking trails or exploring on skis, a splitboard, or a snowboard, onX Backcountry gives you the tools you need to get in and get back—safely, reliably, and confidently.
onX Backcountry turns your phone into a fully functioning GPS navigation system and trail finder with location tracking. View public land boundaries, topo and satellite maps, hiking trails, backpacking trails, recreation sites, camping & rv parks, slope angles, and more.
FREE BACKCOUNTRY FEATURES
Satellite and 24k topo maps
GPS Tracking with speed, distance, and duration for your hikes, ski routes, and more
Custom Waypoints to mark place you want to explore, share, or never forget
Localized weather reports with 7-day forecasts, sunrise / sunset times, snow forecasts, and more
Share your Waypoints and Tracks with friends to coordinate trips or share spots on your favorite hiking and backpacking trails.
NO SERVICE? USE OFFLINE MAPS.
Turn your phone into a powerful GPS navigation unit. Save Offline Maps for full access to your maps even without cell service. Track your route while hiking, backpacking, camping, skiing, snowboarding, and more to always know where you are on the map.
FREE PROMOTIONAL TRIAL
While many onX Backcountry features are free, we offer a 7-day free trial to all subscribers. This trial lets you view and use the full suite of features throughout the trial period.
ONX BACKCOUNTRY MEMBERSHIP
With an onX Backcountry Membership, gaining a comprehensive understanding of the landscapes on which you recreate is simple. An onX Backcountry Membership costs $29.99 for the initial year and renews at $39.99/year. With a Membership, you’ll have access to all the free features with the additional benefits of:
• Public Land Boundaries: Stay on the right side of the line—and the law. See 985M+ acres of public land classified by agency, including US Forest Service, BLM, State Land, and more.
• Photo Waypoints: Upload photos to an unlimited number of Waypoints. Save memories, help your friends by sharing landmarks like campsites or trailheads, or come up with your own ways of utilizing this feature.
• Avalanche Forecasts and Slope Angles: Choose your routes with safety in mind using the Slope Angle Layer and the nationwide Avalanche Forecast Layer.
• Offline Maps: Save unlimited Offline Maps to your device to access the maps you need when you’re hiking or exploring and cell service is miles behind you.
• Trail Finder and GPS Tracker: Map your next adventure with the most comprehensive trail app by choosing from our industry-leading 650,000 mile network of trails, or pick a featured Adventure to see detailed trail info.
• Guidebook Content: onX Backcountry is a nationwide trail guide in your pocket. Choose from 450,000 points of interest, more than 54,000 campsites, and an extensive list of hiking trail maps.
Want to request new features? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Explore your unknown with confidence using onX Backcountry, the all-in-one GPS navigation and guidebook app for hiking, backpacking, camping, trail running, skiing, snowboarding, and backcountry adventures of all kinds. View more than 650,000 miles of hiking trails, 24K topographic maps, and carefully curated guidebook content with more than 450,000 points of interest and campsites to guide you on your next outdoor adventure. Built for trail and snow enthusiasts, outdoor professionals, and lovers of outdoor activities, our tried and tested GPS maps ensure you know exactly where you stand even in the most remote locations— with or without cell service. Turn your phone into the ultimate hiking trail finder and tracker, map directory, outdoor trip planner, and GPS navigation system. Share markups with friends, see localized weather, discover campsites, and access more than 985 million acres of public land with precision.